Sunday, June 1, 2014

Focus '14-Modeling Jesus-Entry #20

Hi Friends!

Summer is my favorite season for spiritual reflection and renewal. There is something about being able to spend more time outdoors that instinctively inspires me to more readily and consistently appreciate and praise God our Creator.

As I breathe in more of God my desire deepens to invite others to enjoy Him and that's my prayer for you this summer: I pray that you might enjoy a vacation from your routine and be reinvigorated in your relationship with God through His Son Jesus Christ.

The Bible says (I Peter 1:3-4) that God in his great mercy has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade, and that this iinheritance is kept in heaven for you.

There's something about summer that naturally causes me to look up and really let the blessing of our heavenly inheritance in Christ Jesus soak in: it's like a new beginning for me that inspires me to share my heavenly inheritance with others as often as I can.

Enjoy your summer: continue to soak in the goodness of God and share His goodness with others! And go Reds: there's something about cheering for the boys of summer in Cincinnati that gives me a great deal of joy as well!

God's Peace,
Jeff

1 comment:

  1. The seasons of the year can sometimes map to the seasons of life. And through it all, whether we are discussing a year or a life, God is constant. In Him there is no shadow of turning (James 1:17).

    I also enjoy hearing "And this one belongs to the Reds!". I'd like to hear it more, but I'll take what I can get.

    ReplyDelete