Sunday, May 4, 2014

Focus '14-Modeling Jesus-Entry #16

Hi Friends!

In the passage below, the Apostle Paul confirmed his commitment and that of his partners in ministry, to live and model the life goal of Jesus to others.


2 Corinthians 5:14-15

For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.

My prayer is that like Paul and his partners in ministry, we will refuse to live for ourselves and choose to live for Christ who gave His all that that we might be saved from sin and death.

Remember that the love of Christ which compels you to "give yourself away" is the only love that never fails. Be blessed and be a blessing.

God's Peace,
Jeff

1 comment:

  1. I can imagine some saying "But I didn't have a choice in this - I didn't ask Jesus to die for me!".

    It doesn't matter - Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection is factual, and He died for each one of us, though we do not deserve it. That reminds me of the Jim Elliot quote: "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.".

    And because of that infinite gift, the forgiveness of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit, we do have the obligation to live for Christ and to share that blessing with others.

    Jesus said "My yoke is easy and my burden is light". Amen, Lord. Amen!

    ReplyDelete