Sunday, October 5, 2014

Focus '14 Modeling Jesus - Entry #32


Hi Friends!

As we enter a new month with the beautiful foliage of fall about us - I'm reminded that change is necessary and good - one thing I need to change and perhaps you do as well - is played out in vivid colors in The Gospel of Luke Chapter 10: Verses 38-42 - please take a moment to read this passage.

Admittedly I find myself very busy doing some seemingly good things "but only one thing is needed" - and so I need to remove some leaves of opportunity - perhaps even some colorful leaves of opportunity - and choose "what is better" - replenishing my Spirit daily in relationship with Jesus Christ.

Anxiety and frustration are now normative to many in culture - but those in relationship with Jesus are brightened daily by His unwavering peace - not a human peace - but His divine peace that supplants our worries and fears.

The transformation I am talking about is inward - it is in the heart of the believer that all things remain vividly beautiful no matter the season - for Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever - His love for us endures forever - in the meadow - in the valley - the peak of the hill - every step - He is faithful to replenish us continually.

See the Psalm below - notice He has us "lie down" before we stand up and walk - so I am encouraging you and confessing my need to be in deeper relationship with Jesus - I need to make some changes - I need to say no to some opportunities and take more time to replenish my Spirit - because "only one thing is needed."

God's Peace,
Jeff

Psalm 23 (NIV)

A psalm of David.

1 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.

4 Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.


5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment