Sunday, April 6, 2014

Focus '14-Modeling Jesus-Entry #12

Hi Friends!

As we continue our series "Life for All" where we've been examining the 7 life-changing statements of Jesus from the cross, my heart was drawn in Spirit to the following Scripture.

1 John 3:16 (NIV)


This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.

The past several days have been filled with numerous opportunities for each of you to sacrificially love your brothers and sisters as Jesus does. Thank you for doing so as unto the Lord!

If I can personally befriend you in a way that blesses you and your family and honors Christ, please share your need by clicking the following link. jeff@connectionscc.org

It is a privilege to serve a church family that is willing to lay down self-will for God's-will and the good of His people. Continue to abide in Christ and His Word and love in His Spirit.

God's Peace,
Jeff

1 comment:

  1. Your blog entry reminds me of myself, and a joke I heard once. A little rich girl was assigned the task of writing about a poor family. She started off "The mommy was poor, the daddy was poor, the little girl was poor, the chauffeur was poor, the butler was poor, the servants were poor . . .". She understood the concept at one level, but didn't grasp it at a different level.

    And that's the way I am with John's verse about love. "I will die for my wife, and then I will --" but there is no further sacrifice after that. In living for my wife, or my church, or for Jesus, I can continue to lay down my life.

    This is not about dying or not dying. As you say, it is about laying down my will for my life, and following God's will. "Nevertheless, not My will, but Thine be done."

    And from the Lord's Prayer: "Thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven." You spoke recently in this context about God's will being done in Jeff, and I apply that to God's will being done in Steve. That's the part of the earth that I have the most control over.

    Taking it to a practical level, God cares much more about my attitude towards the trash, as opposed to whether it is taken out or not. Same goes for church attendance, or offering, or greeting people on the street. Even more so interacting with my brothers and sisters at church, and fulfilling my role as a husband.

    "As unto the Lord". That's Biblical (both Ephesians 6:7 and Colossians 3:23) and not really open to different interpretations.

    Thank you for speaking the truth in love.

    ReplyDelete